POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov 3.6 expiration again... : Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again... Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:15:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov 3.6 expiration again...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 31 Mar 2004 13:08:07
Message: <406b0907$1@news.povray.org>
In article <Xns94BDC9B6C783Eraf256com@203.29.75.35>, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj"
<spa### [at] raf256com> wrote:

> I want to use povray 3.6 but today program informed me that expiration rate
> had expired... well ok. I downloaded pov 3.6 beta 2 installed it and...
> nothing :-/

Of course, why would you be so damn stupid to download what you already
have???  Sorry, but to download a beta you know that has expired - the
website tells you when the version available expires after all - is hardly
going to make you look intelligent when you post about it.  And to answer
your question about disabling expiration, there is *no* way to do it except
changing the system date.

Just like your post about this for beta 1:  If you do not want to beta test
and have the patience needed for this task, do not use a beta version!  Use
the official final POV-Ray 3.5 release!

Just my personal opinion, of course.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany